Current employment opportunities at Young Vision Care are listed below.
To apply for a position please fill out and send our job application form with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Vision Care Application - Download
Established in 1950, Young Vision Care has focused on providing thorough patient care. Nearly 30 years ago, we began to emphasize preventative care through cutting-edge diagnostic equipment, supplements, and lifestyle changes to slow eye disease progression. Our desire for patients to see the difference extends past the exam chair and into the quality of our frames, lens coatings, and high-definition lenses. Our staff is passionate about helping others and cultivating a friendly and caring atmosphere.
If you are…
· Self-Motivated & Results Driven
· Willing To Go the Extra Mile
· Friendly & Outgoing
· Detailed & Organized
· Energized By Helping Others
· Willing to learn
· Proficient with computers
· Possess strong communication skills
· Experience working in medical field preferred, but not required
A typical day…
· Perform and explain initial testing
pigment density, peripheral vision, contrast sensitivity, color vision, near & distance vision
· Prepare exam rooms
· Perform special diagnostic testing
· Utilize Compulink EHR software to manage patient health history and testing results
· Provide basic education about eye health, eyewear, & contacts to patients
· Cross training in areas such as appointment scheduling, eyewear selection, and patient retention
· Paid Time Off
· 401K Plan & Life Insurance
· AFLAC Benefits
· No Weekends, Open Mondays until 7pm
· Uniform Allowance
· Free Vision Benefits
· Family-Like Working Environment
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $12-$15./hr (dependent upon experience, willing to train the right candidate)
Selecting, selling, and dispensing eyewear that best combines the doctor’s recommendation and the patient’s needs. This includes the ability to find a frame that best fits the patient’s style, recommend lenses (material, design, coatings, and enhancements) that meet the patient’s expectation, and properly fitting the eyewear to the patient for maximized comfort.
Aide in contact lenses wear and purchase. This involves instructing patients in proper insertion and care of contact lenses, ordering and dispensing contact lenses, and assisting in rebate explanation and submission.
Assist in non-patient care areas. These areas may include inventory, both ordering and receiving frames and contact lens, upkeep of dispensary, invoice reconciliation, review of trade journals for new innovations and information in the optical industry, and marketing information for website, social media, and ad development.
Flexibility and a team spirit are essential. A willingness to learn and maintenance of a good attitude are necessary. Every staff member becomes the face of the practice to our patients. Cross training in other areas of the practice is expected.